BT et C

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Wirelessless

Okay, now I've done it about 4 times. And I ^$%^@ing hate it. This failure came after a big and exciting "yum update" which (theoretically) got me the latest versions of 300-something packages. Well, I haven't looked at the actualy yum script but I think it's like this:

--------------------------------
#include

install 150 packages
break wireless networking
install the other 150 packages

--------------------------------
okay, I'm kidding. Was pissed but am able to run wlan0 just by selecting the old kernel in startup. But shucks I want to use the new kernel someday. Ndiswrapper people, any chance for a "it just works" type system? even -- gasp! -- a GUI has been suggested.

1 Comments:

  • i had the same problem when I udpated the kernel on my fedora 3 laptop.

    I'd like to see some wifi manufacturers making linux drivers rather than have to rely on NDIS...but you're right, they don't really have a stable program there.

    By Blogger luke, at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home